Friday, October 11, 2019

Domestic camping

While I arrived on September 10, my assorted impedimenta in the pod did not arrive till the 16th. I hired unpackers to come on the 17th, but for that week I was essentially camping out in the apartment. I had my camp bed, a folding chair, a zero gravity recliner, a small folding table, a lamp, one skillet, one spatula, a kitchen knife, a set of paper cups and plates, and -- of course -- my coffee-making equipment.

It was a little spartan, to begin with, then I started buying the additional furniture and things that I knew I needed. First was internet. Then I made an trip to IKEA and bought a TV stand, two folding chairs and a folding table. The chairs and table were intended for the balcony, but initially made a decent dining set.

Here's the almost empty kitchen:

And the coffee station (after I'd found a mug or two in one of the boxes from the RLR.

My camp bed. The funky light patterns are from the over head light in the bedroom. 


The main living area. There are ceiling fans her and in the bedrooms.


 The dining area with my IKEA balcony furniture.


IKEA TV stand and TV.  Cable is included in the rent. Internet is not, so I had to find that myself. It wasn't hard Cox is a lot easier to deal with than Comcast.


So there I was, camping out in my own place. It was almost fun. For a week. Longer would have been more than a little annoying. 

Here are some more of the "before" photos. This is the main living area the front door is at the back left, the corridor off the entrance hall leads to one bedroom and the laundry closet.

The guest bedroom. Currently a box repository. It will, eventually, be a combination guest room and craft room.


The guest bathroom. Which now has been equipped with a shower curtain. And a cat litter box.



The other bathroom -- both bathrooms have long counters and big mirrors.



There are also lots of closets. Both bedrooms have walk in closets, plus there's a floor to ceiling set of closets outside the guest bathroom. I have never lived in a place that had this much closet space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment