Friday, October 25, 2019

On Wednesday I finished my first pair of socks since I moved. This is yarn that I bought at the NH Sheep and Wool festival earlier this year.


So of course I started a new pair. This is a cotton blend, which I thought would be more suitable for Arizona, which as we all know is hotter than the surface of the sun. Unfortunately, they are made of fail. In addition to not knitting up into a nice fabric, they're also coming up much too large. They should be 4" across, not 4 7/8.



I decided to frog them, and do something else with the yarn. Then I started a new pair out of some different yarn. Same number of stitches, same needles, but a much better measurement.


The color surprised me. Here's the ball of yarn, I started knitting from the center of the ball and while I knew there was a little red in the yarn, I didn't expect to see quite so much. More pictures in a day or so, when I've made more progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment