Thursday, October 24, 2019

Except for the guest room, I'm finally unpacked and pretty much settled in.

This bookshelf houses history, philosophy, religion, and other assorted non-fiction (mostly).

I've added more books to this unit. Top left is cookbooks, middle left assorted non-fiction, bottom left more non-fiction (dictionaries, grammars, etc.) the right side and the top -- both of which have been completely filled since this photo -- are all fiction.



Behind the doors are mostly CDs, and some art materials. This was also filled after the photos were taken.



This giant IKEA unit holds most of my ceramics collection and various oversize books. The books on the left side are all fiber arts related: knitting, spinning, tablet and inkle weaving, embroidery, kumihimo, sprang, crochet...


When you unpack books you end up with a lot of empty boxes. This is the box cascade. I broke most of them down and stuffed them in to the unbroken down ones then walked them to the recycling. I resisted the urge to toss them over the balcony...


Then there's the bookshelves in the guest bedroom. These are now completely filled, except for the very top. Because I'm short and hate using my step stool. Because I'm short of both shelves and the attachment bars, I'm using the bottom of this unit as tub storage.

 The rest of the guest bedroom is full of tubs of stuff that need to be sorted and arranged logically.

No comments:

Post a Comment